Academic Anticipation

Friday, July 08, 2016

Pixabay.com
The time is upon us! (Or me at least)

After finishing my art foundation and after a successful interview I can say I am ready to move onto degree level. Well academically I'm ready anyway, personally I've got some planning and adjusting to do (Yikes!).

I m so excited to be starting somewhere new because I can reinvent myself (cliché I know!) and meet new people. That's not to say I'm not losing some of my friends I have gained this year, as some of them are coming to the same Uni. So I will have a nice mixture of new faces as well as sharing my course with a close friend I made this year. I feel having to leave sixth form and go to college has taught me in advance about adjusting and getting used to new environments, making the transition to university that little less daunting.

It's going to be such a new experience for me as I have never lived alone and am finally taking that step. As someone who stayed behind when most of my friends went to Uni I feel a little left behind but I am only a year later, which I feel has helped me develop and learn so much, so now I feel more confident and ready to face ADULTHOOD!

Of course I'm worried about the usual student stuff like moving, making friends, getting comfortable, having enough money and that my work will be up to scratch, but I think the excitement is kind of masking most of that at the moment.

I am definitely going to keep you up to date in what comes my way in regards to University like moving, settling in and bits and pieces I learn along the way. Maybe it might even be useful for someone who is about to take that step and wants to hear from a goofy art student like me!

That's it for now!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow
All images used on this site are mine unless stated (eg. Pixabay.com) and I respectfully ask for requested permission to use them. Other images will have a stated source. Thank you.