Month Till I Move: Am i over thinking?

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pixabay.com
Hello there, told you I'd be back soon didn't I?

I just thought I'd pour out my brain a little because this is my blog afterall ;). So first, maybe I should start with my title. It's got to the point now when I am actually only a month or so from moving to University (34 days but you know..). I know it is still quite a while before I am packing up and leaving my family household but I think it is finally beginning to dawn on me, the whole reality of it all. I might just be being dramatic and it's nothing at all but I think it is what is stressing me out right now.

Don't worry, this isn't going to be a gloomy post or anything. I just wanted to document as much of my Uni experience as possible and this pre moving apprehension is definitely part of the experience. I think I feel like I'm inexperienced in the whole managing on my own thing, that's why this stress is bubbling under the surface. I think my main worries are that I'll run put of money, or not make many friends and coop myself up in my room or get scurvy from too many pot noodles or something.. I'm hoping that the sooner the time comes this nervous feeling is going to turn into excitement, I am choosing to do this for my career afterall. I expect once I'm packing boxes and buying essentials like duvet covers and soft fluffy towels that this fear of being on my own will subside.

I'm lucky enough to be going to university with my human so I obviously won't be alone when I get there. It's more the fact I live in a busy household and will miss the hustle and bustle of this kind of atmosphere. I think it is going to take some adjustment but who knows for now.

I've had one of those doing nothing and staying in bed kind of days between some pretty busy work days, so I think I've had some time to over analyse the situation if you get me. I know this isn't a very interesting post but again it's documenting isn't it ;). I am getting excited about the sense of freedom that's going to come with moving out though. Because of my age I don't have many rules to abide by and have a very free roaming home but I think with the cooking, studying and going out whenever I like is going to be exciting. Not worrying about waking my family up if I come home late, not having to keep my room a certain way, managing my money and things like that. In fact I'm making myself more and more excited as I right this ;).

Wow I'm babbling on a bit tonight aren't I? ;D But yes I just wanted to be a bit more regular in my updates so this is a little food for thought. Goodnight x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. You'll do great my dear. Amd I'm excited to follow up on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š I'll be keeping you all posted.

      Delete
  2. Good luck on moving out! I can't wait until college (US) so I can get out of my town and off into the world. You have to leave your comfort zone to learn to live in the world.

    Ella ★ Simply Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, you too ๐Ÿ˜ definitely, I'm getting quite excited about a new place to explore and make home for three years, even though it seems a little daunting! I'll be doing an update soon๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete

Follow
All images used on this site are mine unless stated (eg. Pixabay.com) and I respectfully ask for requested permission to use them. Other images will have a stated source. Thank you.