Country Show Time

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Well good morning everyone!
I know it's rare that I ever write in the morning but with some stuff to share and a day off work I'm going to make the most of it and talk about my experience at a country show yesterday. As I live in such a rural area this isn't something new for me and I've attended quite a few in my time, but with the weather being so glorious I couldn't not share a snap or two with you.

Away from the obvious horse, sheep and dog showing, shearing, birds of prey display and dog agility there stood a large white tent. This contained the craft, baking and homegrown produce. My heaven! I decided after reading the program that I wanted to enter something myself because when I go to uni I doubt I'll have the time. I decided to enter the 'Best painting of a butterly' section with one of my best efforts (just to be clear I literally never paint butterflies but this was the only painting catagory). When it comes to looking at the entries you never realise how many talented people there are around you. 

There was gorgeous quilting and knitting, Welsh love spoon carvings, photography. And the baking table looked to die for. I really think it is so important for people to enter these kinds of smaller competitions because if your talent is quilting, then hell you can show it off. I know it isn't gallery style work but I just loved looking at all of the work and effort that went into producing all of the crafts and cookery that was around me. There was a real sense of community with so many entries and so much time spent on them. Sorry I'm waffling!


Anyway, I came second in my catagory of three entries so that wasn't bad ;D.


Obviously I didn't stay in the tent the whole time though, that'd be a waste of sunshine! I did take a look at the sheep awsell but they didn't seem too glad to see me..


Also tried some more abstract shots of the day but not too sure how it came out. (I'll spare you the rest of them ;) )


Also, we showed one of our dogs and she managed to get 2nd place, needless to say we were proud of her too! 


But it's fair to say we had a lovely day in the extremely rare, blazing sunshine. It's easy to forget the interesting things around you, like the varieties of sheep, or the vast collection of local pooches, or the birds of prey that are present in the skies without us noticing or the craftsmen and women sometimes going unnoticed. It was a beautiful display of community and I hope I will be able to find this when I move! That's it for now and I hope you liked my little adventure. See you soon!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That all looks so amazing, beautiful photos by the way and the butterfly looks amazing:)
    I’m not one that enjoys going to countryside type areas just because I hate every insect in existence and am awfully clumsy but looking at other peoples experiences from these kinds of places is really interesting
    http://kllaudiiia.blogspot.co.uk
    Klaudia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you very much, that's so sweet 😁 yeah the bugs are true to their reputation but I do love the country. I'm glad you enjoyed a slice of it minus the biting critters 😉

      Delete

Follow
All images used on this site are mine unless stated (eg. Pixabay.com) and I respectfully ask for requested permission to use them. Other images will have a stated source. Thank you.