Sketchbook Sneakpeek: A level

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Hello my lovelies,
Since I'm going to be mega busy with my job this week (just this week though I promise!), I wanted to share some of my past work with you. I'm not trying to take the easy option I just think it will be nice to show you some of my old sketchbooks and how they have got me to where i am.

Unfortunately my cringe worthy GCSE sketchbooks have disappeared so I will have to start with my slightly less cringy A level one. This book is from my second year of A level and it my exam book (had a set start and deadline during the year). We were given a really awkward set of themes (seen on the first page below) to follow but thank goodness I was actually able to pull this one out the bag.

Obviously this isn't my whole sketchbook because it's tiny and I did have to take some of my better work to put in my portfolio but this is the bulk of the best work I did during this project. My idea for this body of work was to 'Elevate the Ordinary' and make regular things like people and faces that bit more interesting and unique.

I did decide to do some artist research during the beginning of the project to gain a little inspiration and knowledge on how other artists had elevated the ordinary.




As you can see I began to take an interest in linework and developing my own illustrative line style.





Here I was totally new to Photoshop so to me this layered image below meant a lot to me effort wise.


And my final piece (sorry about the blurriness) was a large, A2 board with a mixed media piece with tissue paper and fabric with a layered black outline on top.


I was so proud of this book when I handed it in because I felt I had really tried and worked hard to vary the style and technique throughout this project. In hindsight I could probably annotate more and explore more artists work but overall I was and am still pretty proud of my A level efforts. Oh, and if anyone was wondering what level my work was on, I got an A for both AS and A level which i was soo happy with!

I will see what other sketchbook I can dig up and will be back soon with more sneak peeks into my past and maybe even current sketchbooks in the not too distant future! Thanks for reading and see you soon.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is so neat! Your artwork is beautiful and so engaging. I love the style and the way you put your sketchbook together is so cool!
    -Vivian
    http://moonsworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you that's very sweet 😁 I hope you like it and if they are alright I can do a few more.

    ReplyDelete

Follow
All images used on this site are mine unless stated (eg. Pixabay.com) and I respectfully ask for requested permission to use them. Other images will have a stated source. Thank you.