The Goodbye Meal

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Wow, long time no see?! 
Well I am here and back with some more content. As you are all fully aware I am awaiting my departure for University and the days are melting away at an alarming rate! As I will be leaving on Saturday, my family decided to have a leaving dinner for me and my Human as we are going together.

We had a Sunday lunch style meal ( obviously because it was a Sunday..) with my parents, siblings, uncle, grandparents, and step relations. The table was massive!  I received a few gifts of cookbooks, snacks and obviously a bottle for freshers week (apple sour is apple ways Apple ways hit with me ;) ). It was lovely to have all the family together and having one last party before I leave.

 Being a veggie, I passed on the beef and went straight for the vegetable lasagne option which was absolutely delicious. I was hoping for something a little more warming but this actually hit the spot. It was served with roasted vegetables and a side salad.


And as I was tucking into my herbivorous meal I decided to snap a pic of my Human's meal too, a delicious salmon dish which also smelt divine.


Now, it'd be just plain boring to not have dessert wouldn't it? And as great minds think alike, we decided to both have the chocolate brownie, with ice cream, a digestive crumble with raspberries and coulis with chocolate sauce. Just ahhhhh!



Oh I feel like a food blogger today hehe! But anyway our leaving meal was absolutely delicious and I would like to thank my lovely mum and step dad for oganising everything. And especially for the MASSIVE cake they brought for us, it was so sweet and I wasn't expecting such a fuss for my send off. Soft and spongy chocolate cake!


Hehe, this was a very foody style one but let me know if this kind of post is a breath of fresh air from the usual and I'll try and share some more tasty experiences. I will be updating a lot more frequent this next couple of weeks as this is when the ball gets rolling! I'm so nervous about leaving but I will talk about packing and what I'm taking soon. Let's just say it is really starting to become real..
Anyway, goodnight for now and be back soon!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Good luck at university! I'm glad you were able to have a happy goodbye with your family...and that cake looks awesome.

    Ella ~ Simply Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thats so sweet ❤️ We had a lovely day and feel a little braver about it! Six layers of chocolate does go down well 😉

      Delete

Follow
All images used on this site are mine unless stated (eg. Pixabay.com) and I respectfully ask for requested permission to use them. Other images will have a stated source. Thank you.