Art Foundation: The Result

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Pixabay.com

So my nine-ish months of academic extension come down to this! (Was that dramatic enough?)

Tuesday 28th June 2016, 9:52pm:

Okay, so it is the night before results day currently and to be honest, I thought I wouldn't be that nervous about it. I've completed all the modules and finished all the required paperwork so I should pass but I'm so nervous and I don't quite know why..

I think it is a reflection of the past results days I've had to attend like GCSE and A level. Obviously I want to do well and if possible get the best marks but there's always a residual sense of doubt that lingers around on results day. Let's hope I get a decent amount of sleep but what with personal stress and results stress I think there's a very slim chance!

The good news is I can bring my work home which means I can photograph it properly and finally set up my online portfolio with a link included here which is exciting! that's something to look forward to in the meantime and options can be explored. Anyway, it's rather late so I'd better disappear!

Goodnight!

Wednesday 29th June, 8:10am:

Good morning! Damn I'm so nervous but why? I Know having an unconditional offer to uni means I should be a little more relaxed about my marks but I can't help having that feeling in the pit of my stomach.. Bus journeys are nice and a good time to relax and think but I just want to know so I can chill, only time will tell I guess.

11:06am:

So painstakingly took down the exhibition and drinking my hot chocolate. I've just been handed my envelope and let's say the contents were not what I was expecting! I'm more than excited to say I achieved a Distinction grade! I am so happy and I really didn't think I'd be able to pull that off, like I felt distinction was out of my reach.

5:50pm:

I have just carried all of my work from this year home and I am knackered.. But it hasn't sunk in that I got a distinction. I wasn't expecting it at all I felt my work was okay but no where near as tied together and understandable as I wanted. But I guess it does show the amount of time and effort I put in as I really wanted to show what I could do. It is safe to say my place at university is safe and I am just so excited to start the next chapter of my life.

Gonna go party, bye bye!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow
All images used on this site are mine unless stated (eg. Pixabay.com) and I respectfully ask for requested permission to use them. Other images will have a stated source. Thank you.