Photography: Soaked and Moody

Sunday, December 18, 2016


Hello there, I'm back with a little taste of what I've been up to. to be totally fair, I haven't been the most productive now the academic term has ended but I have been trying to keep the fire burning. With a 2,000 word essay to be finishing I have to admit I have been procrastinating to the highest level. But in some cases this makes me more productive in the areas I'd rather be working on as appose to my essay. Win win.

So I have been working on a project named 'Garment' and this word is the current framework for a portion of my work. I wont go into all of the ideas and concepts of this project because I just have so many, but I have been working on some photographs for my sketchbook.

I'm concentrating on the idea of clothes in the wrong situations, how they can be just as inappropriate as being naked. with this in mind I decided on creating a collection of photographs of wearing clothes in the shower. How incorrect t-shirts look soaking and heavy and how your mind is uncomfortable with viewing this, being so used to the ordinary lack of clothing in that situation.

This concept fits into my explorations of how garments make people uncomfortable, are used to cover the shame of nudity and how the constrict and encase the body. Whew, those sentences got longwinded ;) . Hopefully this helps with how they are interpreted. Anyway that's enough blabbing for now, here we are:


It's pretty unbelievable how many photos were actually taken but these are my very favourites. I think the blurred graininess gives them a worn and relatable feeling, something a polished professional photo would lose in my opinion. They have an eerie, moody look to them which I think fits into the uncomfortable theme well. Aha anyway, that's it for now, I will certainly be sharing my next piece of work when it is closer to completion (hint: it's made from an awful lot of wire and hopefully used in another series of photographs, after Christmas when I can get back into college that is....)

Catch up soon!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. THESE PHOTOS ARE SO CLEAVER! I really love them! Not sure how I haven't seen this post until now but these photos are by far some of my favorites everrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hoping to share a bit more arty style photography so it's awesome to hear you like it 😁

      Delete

Follow
All images used on this site are mine unless stated (eg. Pixabay.com) and I respectfully ask for requested permission to use them. Other images will have a stated source. Thank you.