Moving day: A Quick Round Up

Friday, October 07, 2016


Lots of unwashed dishes, strange breakfast combinations, confusion when attempting to wash clothes, lost keys, excessive amounts of stationary, awkward meal times, disagreeing about the tv channels, sleepy starts, evenings out.. Yes I am now officially a STUDENT!!

Yes I know this is late and I have already posted while being here but I really wanted to share my first hours at university. It has been so busy, fast, stressful and hard but it is amazing and I'm so excited to spend three years doing this! Since it has been just under two weeks I think I have left it long enough, better get started.

So I woke up pretty early on moving day and spent a lot of time pacing around whilst waiting to pack the car (Big hint; stacker boxes are protective as well as reusable when you get there!)


It took a while to pack the car as I had an awful amount of stuff, like me mountains. I managed to fill a people carrier with all its seats down! But after saying my goodbyes to my family and cats and dog, me and my mum set off. (Going home in the morning for the night to catch up with them all, eeekk!!)


It took roughly an hour-ish but we stopped for pasties due to a rubbish breakfast ;). We had a little sing along in the car but the nerves were definitely present on the journey.


But it was a welcome surprise to finally get to Hereford. It is such a lovely city with an urban atmosphere yet has its own history and unique arty culture. It was a pretty busy Saturday but once we worked out the route it was pretty painless.


Parking was difficult with people all parking in totally illogical positions but after carrying my never ending mountain of boxes I finally got to make my room a little more homely.




The photos are a little deceiving because there is actually a decent amount of floor space in my room, I was expecting a tiny box room with a toilet but my own shower and massive window make it feel to spacious and comfortable. As you can see my plants have found a new home ;). After dropping off my stuff we went into town for last minute things like a stack of draws and some extra towels before popping to beefeater for lunch.



I decided to fill my poor, empty, moving day stomach with this gorgeous tasty mushroom risotto with grilled cherry tomatoes, garnish and flat bread type thing? (I forgot what they called it on the menu okay?!) While my mum chose good old bangers and mash!


After this I had to say my goodbyes to my mum and I wont lie, it was awful being left behind while she drove away. Yes I did cry but I'm sure I wasn't the only  one who shed a tear that day. I did have my human to comfort me as he moved in too so we distracted ourselves by getting ready for the evening.

We decided because it was an anniversary we wanted to go out, and where better than Frankie & Bennies! I didn't take many photos due to the fact I was having a great time and actually forgot! Following a lovely evening we sleepily walked home.



I couldn't imagine what it was going to be like and this first week or two has been amazing, making friends, realising how little I knew about cooking and constantly cleaning my room for it to look a tip as soon as I get in from a day of uni.

I have such an early start tomorrow so I better finish this up here I think, I hope you enjoyed this little catch up of my moving day. Im sorry for such a delay but everything is moving so quickly the time has literally just flew by.

I will be putting up some updates about the work they have started us with and what I have produced as well as some social and catch up style posts too! Ahh I'm just so excited about everything I'm struggling to string a decent sentence together!

Goodbye for now!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ack, moving days are always hectic!

    Your dorm looks amazing, tbh. Nothing like the shoeboxes some people get here in America. And I 100% approve of the succulents by your window ;)

    Ella ~ Simply Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! Thanks I did get a good room compared to some of my friends so was lucky on that part 😉 Hehe thanks, keep adding to the collection right now, I have a plant buying problem 😉

      Delete

Follow
All images used on this site are mine unless stated (eg. Pixabay.com) and I respectfully ask for requested permission to use them. Other images will have a stated source. Thank you.